December 19, 16
The Ragon Institute Cellular Immunology Database (CIDB) is a Cache InterSystems database managed with a cross platform User Interface developed using the Adobe Flex framework. The database houses genetic and clinical host information, as well as immunological and virological data pertaining to the study of HIV/AIDS and efforts to develop a successful HIV vaccine. The centralized and secure CIDB system provides a comprehensive set of functionality to the organization’s clinical coordinators, central processing lab, regulatory and research staff.
The CIDB team offers a variety of services to members of the Ragon Institute, including:
- Provide assistance to the clinical core and other members of the institute to enter new data into the database and migrate data from other databases
- Provide a mechanism for the creation, submission and approval of concept sheets and study protocols
- Provide a comprehensive set of tools to facilitate the process of specimen processing, storage and distribution, including a graphical utility which displays real time status of all freezers in the Ragon institute
- Create complex queries to facilitate specialized research requirements. Using CIDB’s built-in custom query builder, investigators can locate patients and specimens required for their research. However, upon request, the CIDB team can help investigators in creating complex queries for specialized tasks
- Provide a training session, including an overview of CIDB functionality and a live demonstration of system functionality
ACCESS TO CIDB
Ragon Institute members and affiliated investigators can have access to CIDB after they complete CIDB/HIPAA trainings and any other applicable Regulatory requirements. The CIDB training is held on the second Thursday of every month.
- Internal Applicants: Ragon Institute members can request login credentials to access CIDB through email (email@example.com). Members have to provide certificates of completion for the required trainings and regulatory requirements. You can access CIDB website at https://ragon.partners.org
- External Applicants: Non-members have to fill an external user access request form [download form (doc)] and should get approval from the director of the institute (Bruce Walker), regulatory compliance manager (Edward Demers) and CIDB director (Musie Ghebremichael). The regulatory compliance manager (Ed Demers) is the point of contact for all external applicant requests. He can be reached via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Musie Ghebremichael, Ph.D
CIDB Director and Assistant Professor
For any questions or concerns, please email CIDB team at email@example.com