April 18, 17
The Biostatistics Core serves the needs of the HIV/AIDS researchers within the Ragon Institute and its affiliates. In particular, members of the Biostatistics Core provide expertise in the planning, conduct and analysis of research with the goal of enhancing the scientific quality of HIV-related research at the institute.
The primary objective of the core is to ensure that studies are well designed, correctly analyzed, clearly presented, and correctly interpreted. The Core offers a variety of services to Ragon-affiliated projects and investigators, including:
- Grant Application: Providing statistical and methodological support for all grant applications submitted by the Ragon Institute members.
- Protocol Development: Providing statistical and methodological support of all study protocols that are submitted for IRB review.
- Study Design: Providing consultation during the design of a study, including the selection of the appropriate study design, primary endpoints, sample size and statistical model.
- Data Analysis: Collaborating in the analysis of data for manuscript preparation, poster or oral presentations and grant submission.
- Data Management: Providing consultation on data collection and management for studies conducted by the Ragon Institute members.
- Statistical Education: Providing statistical and other quantitative training for members of the Ragon Institute, as needed.
Requests for biostatistics consultations should be made to Dr. Musie Ghebremichael.
Requests will be handled based on order received, with priority given to grant proposals and abstract preparation.
Advance notice is required for consultation in grant preparation (at least one month before the deadline). This will provide the biostatistician sufficient time to fully understand the science of the project and to prepare the statistical section of the grant. Moreover, investigators requesting assistance with abstract preparation should contact the Core at least 30 days prior to the deadline for abstract submission. The Biostatistics Core does not accept requests made for consultation in grant and abstract preparation with less than a month before the deadline.
March 28, 17
December 19, 16
November 29, 16
November 29, 16